Thursday, December 31, 2009

The things I have learned in 2009.....

• I have learned that I am officially out of style. I look bad in modern clothes. I pick out clothes circa 1998. I don't have one thing in my closet that you could wear to a dance club, bar, or special outing....and I don't even care.

• I have learned that you have to have a credit score of 620 or higher, a stable job for 2+ years, a good income, and a large down payment to even think about buying a house.

• I have learned that young moms are able to keep up with their kids more and physically recover faster and older moms have more security, more patience, and are more selfless.....and I am happy to be right in the middle where I can benefit from both.

• I have learned that no one will mean more to you than your children. It is just that simple.

• I have learned that most people don't really care about what is going on in your life unless it is somehow connected to them.
• I have learned that having nice things does make your life easier...maybe not better...but definitely easier....and honestly I think better too. I know people tell you that is not true, but I would be willing to find out for myself.

• I have learned that bleach blonde light skinned girls and dark Italian stallion men make beautiful babies.

• I have learned that my taste in cars has changed, but the amount I owe remains relatively the same....anyone interested in a Scion?

• I have learned that RockBand causes seizures.....really

• I have learned that some people have poor social etiquette and I should not be offended.

• I have learned that moms do have a favorite child.....and it is not me or James in our families...hehe.

• I have learned that even married with kids...my family is mine and his family is his.

• I have learned that my job is what brings in a paycheck, but it is not who I am.

• I have learned that some people have bad things happen to them and it is just not fair.

• I have learned that my Mom is great at taking care of the details like baby showers, baby furniture, and babysitting.

• I have learned that people with talent in certain areas should try to make a go of it instead of just doing what everybody else does (good job Kellee)

• I have learned that I am really good at pretending to be busy.

• I have learned that nineteen year old girls really are dumb.

• I have learned that if you are over 80, you should not be power washing anything.

• I have learned that drivers in South Jordan to Utah County are some of the rudest in the state. If you have to get in a lane, don't wait until the last second and then just cut me off while talking on your cell phone and yelling at your kids in the backseat. On that same note, if you have more than 3 kids do not put those stupid stick figure clings on your back window...Come on...we are not Amish or inbred...stop acting like it.

• I have learned that on a slow Saturday, I can write really long blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment