Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Long Day

Yesterday was a fun day of fighting the crowds.   First we got up at like 7 am and I got breakfast ready for everyone.  Then James and my Dad went to work and my Mom and I got Peyton ready for a doctor's appt.  We went to the dr. and Peyton had to get vaccination shots which did not make her very happy.  Then we went to Walgreens to print off our Christmas cards.  When we got to Walgreens there was no one at the photo machine, but right when I sat down a group of people came in and were waiting behind me.  They were so rude and keep saying comments to each other like, "we are in a hurry, you should have the pictures picked out before you get here, etc"  Their comments only made me move slower.  I have the right to sit there and decide what I want.   Sometimes Utah moms can seriously be rotten */(*#'s.  Then I went to the post office....and I went postal.  I had like 12 huge boxes and Peyton and my Mom were in the car waiting.  I was in a really long line and finally when I got to the front of the line my Mom calls me to tell me that I had left one box in the car.  I said forget it...whoever it was going to was just not going to get a present.  Then the lady working tells me that they are sold out of their value boxes so it was going to cost double what we had planned on spending or I could go to the next closest post office.  I said I didn't care..just take these boxes away from me.  When I was done checking out, I went back to the car and Peyton was screaming because she was sick of being in her car seat.  I looked at the package that was left and it was for James' Grandma and was the only thing we got her.   So I told my Mom to take Peyton out of her seat and that I was heading back in for round two.  Then my phone rings and it is Walgreens telling me that they forgot to put half of our pictures in our bag when they printed.  So we had to go back and get the rest of my order.  Then we had to go get groceries for dinner that night.  Then after dinner, James and I took Peyton to get her pictures with Santa which took close to two hours of line waiting.  Then we went to Home Depot to buy paint for our basement that James is currently dissecting.  Then we went to Harmon's because somehow we forgot to buy bread at the grocery store.  Then we got home and Peyton was really upset because the shots they gave her cause her to have a little bit of a fever and sore legs.  So she was up moaning until about 3:30 am....then finally she stopped and then I was worried why she wasn't moaning anymore.  So at about 4:00 am I finally went to sleep.  Haha.... and Mondays are supposed to be my day off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment