Thursday, December 10, 2009

Forgetful Talia, Moving Dacquiri, and Crazy Christmas Mom

I am so forgetful lately.  I read something once that said that women actually get less intelligent when they have babies...something to do with hormones and brain cells.  I was slightly offended when I initially read it, but now I am starting to accept it a little more...hehe.  A woman I work with made a bracelet for Peyton and she just needs me to measure her wrist so she can size it correctly.  That seems easy enough.  It has been like two month every day her asking me and every day me forgetting.  I even once measured her wrist and then lost the string that I used.  I mean how hard can it be to remember this simple task....seriously.  So today I am just taking a string and guestimating the length.  She will never know...hehe

Dacquiri seems to like her job at the U and is looking for an apartment downtown.  I am really excited for her to take this grown up step.  Our parents really want her to move in with roommates which I have experienced can be good and bad. If I were her I would look for something with less roommates and more privacy.  I think that is the direction she is heading.  I am excited for her to be closer and for us to be able to spend more time together. 

My mom has put on an extra dose of crazy this Christmas already.  She has been fighting with everyone and threatening to cancel Christmas....which is kind of ironic because she is the one that wanted to do Christmas anyway...but whatever.  Plus we are like 30....we do our own Christmas......anyway.  So last night I am talking to her on the phone and she says that we need to do something for Dallas and Dad's birthdays which were this last week.  I said that we were talking about doing a dinner or something....and then she said that they were feeling bad because no one was making a big deal about their birthdays.  I said that they just were not that big of deal to me and then....she freaks out and tells me I am not invited to their birthday dinners.  I was not trying to be rotten, but I recall on my birthday that they were out of town and didn't call me until 7 pm that day and didn't even mention my birthday....then like an hour later they called back because my GRANDMA reminded them that it was my birthday and they had forgot.  Check out my July posts if you don't believe this......They have got a lot of nerve telling me that I am wrong for being a little anti-birthday celebrations.  If it were up to me we would cancel all of the gift giving among them.  I think a dinner, a card, and maybe something small would be great, but that is not how it is done.  It is torture trying to find the perfect gift for my Mom and then it never fails on Christmas Day that she has like a billion gifts for you and is unimpressed with the one gift that you got her....it is miserable.  The worst part of it is that I know she means well...I know she loves doing this....I know she will never change.....I know no one can ever compete with her or satisfy her....so it is just a battle that will be fought every year.  Yeah Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment