Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm sorry

Ok....so maybe I was a little harsh yesterday about Christmas.  I just feel like we are on different pages when it comes to holidays now.  I loved when I was a little kid and my friends would call on Christmas morning and be like, "What did you get?" and then I could answer, "We are still opening presents so I will have to call you when we are done which won't be for several hours."  It was so cool to have so much.  Now, I don't feel that same way.  I appreciate the effort and obviously my mom loves doing it.  In the last 5 years I have spent over $500 a year on my families gifts.  I doubt they can even remember anything I got them.  I would much rather spend less on them and then use the extra money to get something that I really want for Christmas.  That sounds totally selfish, but I mean it for them too.  If they spent less on me than they could purchase something they really like and will remember....or they can just save the money....or they can use the money for a trip or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment