Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Working Mother

I have been back to work now for a little over two weeks and it has been interesting. I miss Peyton like crazy and I will never feel different about that. My priorities have completely changed and she is my whole world. This is the natural course that all mothers should take.....even if they work full time. I am not saying that you should not be responsible about your job duties or that your job is no longer important. BUT that in your job you are replaceable, no one can replace you as a mother. Your job may be very fulfilling, but it will never compare to holding your baby. We had an event the other day at work that I was not required to stay at and the next day everyone was talking about how wonderful it was and how everyone that was not there missed out. I could only think to myself that no astronaut speech could compare to my precious baby and her little toothless smile. I have always thought that women can do it all and I still believe it, but more importantly...do we really want to do it all? I have worked for almost 15 years and I have been a parent for 9 weeks. 9 weeks.....the most rewarding 9 weeks of my life. Not all women are meant to be moms. I know a few people that would be horrible. I feel so grateful to be one of the people that are able to experience this. I am so grateful that life is more than just work, cleaning, paying bills, etc. I am so grateful to love someone so much that I would sacrifice everything for them without even a second thought. I am so grateful that I have a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment