Monday, July 13, 2009

Death to the Insurance Company

I am so sick of getting the run around with insurance companies. My insurance company told me that they cover nursing pumps and that I would need a prescription from my doctor and that I would have to purchase it at a medical store. So I went to the doctor, got the prescription, and called the insurance company to ask where they would like me to pick it up. THEN…they inform me that it is not medically necessary and they will not cover it. My Doctors prescription says on it “medically necessary”. I told them this and they said they can’t cover it until the baby is born and only if the baby “needs” it. I could be wrong, but I think that my Doctor might be a better judge of my needs and the Peyton’s needs then the insurance company. So I said that was fine I would just wait until she is born before I submit the prescription and then the lady tells me that the Doctors note has to be from the Pediatrician, not the OB and that it cannot be submitted until the babies first natal visit because the insurance won’t cover a pediatrician until the baby is born either. So basically, you can’t get one until the first week is over and then you have to run around and pick up everything for it that following week….after just having a baby. What a joke. I know they don’t want you to take advantage of it so they have you jump through as many hoops as possible. But they are not messing with this Mama. I don’t care if it is a hassle, THEY WILL BE PAYING FOR IT. I will not be bullied into submission. I will post as soon as I conquer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment