Saturday, June 13, 2009

Homeowners….Woot Woot !

I am proud to say that we are officially homeowners. We closed on Monday and after a day of it being recorded, we were given the keys. We moved all of our stuff over on Wednesday. Because I am so ultra-Prego now, my help was limited….I did clean the house before everyone arrived, but all of the heavy lifting was left up to James and our families. I was going to take pictures of our big moving day, but I didn’t feel like it was appropriate to snap pictures of all of these over-worked laborers while I sat and supervised.
We already have some big plans for the house, but home improvements are so dang expensive. Right now we are settling for decorating Peyton’s room and possibly new carpet in some of the rooms upstairs. We found a piece of carpet out in the garage and realized that the carpet is supposed to be white…..hehe…..it currently looks dirty tan/brownish. We don’t want little Peyton crawling around on that. We have a list of things that we need or that will have to be fixed at some point…..maybe will get around to them……we will see.
Decorating a home is definitely a talent, and one that I do not have. I just have no idea where stuff should go or what would look best and none of our “hand me down” furniture matches which makes it even more of a challenge.
I am so grateful to have the house buying adventure behind us. I am 30 weeks pregnant and very excited for this little one to join us soon. I think that she will be very happy in our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment