Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Getting a home loan is scary

I have been so stressed out lately. Our lease on our townhome is up on June 19th and we have been really hoping that our next move would be our last for awhile. House prices are dropping and there is a huge inventory of houses available so we thought this would be a good time to move into home ownership. Not to mention that we have a little one on the way and I want to have a home for her. We went to the bank pretty optimistic and were quickly discouraged by the lender who basically told us that getting a home loan right now was very difficult and most people don’t qualify. We paid our $400.00 application fee and crossed our fingers…..then they sent us a statement of our credit, debt, etc. When you look at it all piled together it is hard not to feel hopeless. I have been an emotional maniac. I have probably cried like 20 times in the last 24 hours…..I am trying not to get stressed out because of the baby, but I am a worrier like my Dad. I could hardly sleep last night worrying. James called me this morning and said that he talked to the bank and that we were approved….THANK YOU GOD!!….then I started crying again…I can’t help it….I am crying while I am even typing it…..my hormones are out of control. Now we just have to gather up the funds for closing costs and a down payment……and that is no small task either, but at least we are moving in the right direction. I feel positive that this will all come together, but not without major support from my family. My wonderful Grandma said that she would help us and we are very grateful. My parents have also been ultra supportive helping us come up with ideas for extra money. I don’t know how anyone could do this without a little help. I am so grateful for our support system. I will be very happy when this is all over and we are in a home. We have many hurdles ahead of us in this adventure, but at least now there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, it is scary, and finding a home is stressful. I was pretty much ready to give up when we finally found ours. I hope you are able to find something you like that fits your budget quickly. It is no small task.

    ReplyDelete