Friday, February 19, 2010

Not enough hours in the day.

     I have not had much opportunity to keep this updated lately. I have been so busy with work and then when I come home I just don’t have any time to sit down and spend a few minutes on the computer. Today James posted on facebook that he doesn’t get to see his wife much and it made me sad. I feel so bad that our lives are so hectic and I am praying all of the time that it will get better. Last night I had to stay at work late so my mom had to come and watch Peyton. I also have to stay late tonight and I had to stay late on this past Saturday too. That is three days out of five days that I have had 10+ hour days which is great for my comp time, but not for my mommy time. Last night when I got home I felt like Peyton was smiling more at my mom than me….which really made me sad. Another thing that makes me sad is that I only get Peyton ready for the day two times a week. I know most people would not care about this….but I do. I love giving her a bath and making her smell good with lotion, baby powder, and baby perfume. I love picking out cute outfits for her to wear with matching socks and hair accessories. I love getting her all ready and then feeding her and having to start all over again. Yesterday James called me and said that she looked so cute in this new outfit I bought her, but by the time I got home she was already in her pj’s ready for bed. I guess I just feel like I a missing out. This is the busiest time for me at work and soon it will slow down, but regardless of that….I miss my baby….I miss my husband….I miss me.


     I was reading a blog the other day about the little boy in Utah that drowned in his bathtub and arrived at the hospital DOA (dead on arrival) and then miraculously was resuscitated and is well on his way to a full recovery. The story has been unfolding the past few weeks and just reading the moms feelings has been so touching and I totally sympathized with the mother and can’t imagine the torment that she was going through and how grateful she must have been to have her little boy back. I was also so impressed by her strength and her faith. She wrote in one post….

“Please hug your babies a little tighter...

Give your children a little extra squeeze...

Be a little more patient and diligent

and a little less distracted by the things that will wait until later.

Embrace the things that matter most!

.

Life is so fragile...”



     These statements are so true and I will do my best to live by them. I am just so grateful for my little angel and I thank god everyday for allowing me to be her mother. I thank god that I have been blessed with such a wonderful husband and helpful families who give so much to us. I pray constantly that god will give me as much time as possible to spend with Peyton and James. I truly am so blessed.





To read the blog that I quoted above:
http://stakerzxposed.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-02-06T11%3A01%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=20

No comments:

Post a Comment